How does it work?
By applying heat to the bottom chamber full of water, pressure is created which pushes the hot water into the top, at an ideal temperature for brewing. The coffee is then fully immersed in the top chamber, and when you’re ready, removing the heat creates a vacuum below which quickly filters the coffee through a cloth. The vacuum pressure and cloth filtration allow you to use a finer grind, while still getting the benefit of full immersion.
The set comes with everything you need to make your first brew:
- Siphon stand (metal & plastic)
- Borosilicate glassware (top and bottom chambers)
- Plastic lid which doubles as a stand for the top chamber after brewing
- Filter assembly
- Cloth filter
- Plastic scoop/stirrer
- Alcohol burner* (alcohol not included for safety reasons)
* Please note, for better control of heat application, most coffee professionals recommend purchasing a separate butane burner
Product features & specifications
- Made of heat-resistant borosilicate glass
- Manufactured in Japan
- 360ml brewing capacity (3 cup size)